These polices are an overview of the Bailey Hall policies. A more detailed and comprehensive list will be reviewed during a meeting where the event organizer will sign a Usage Agreement. The Usage Agreement is a contract between Bailey Hall and the organization using Bailey Hall.
Tickets can not be sold outside the Bailey Hall ticketing system. Arrangements may be made to advance tickets under a consignment agreement. These tickets will be the sole responsibility of the contracted individual. Consigned tickets unaccounted for are the sole responsibility of the undersigned representative. For every event, tickets must be issued, whether free or paid. All ticketing arrangements must be made with the Bailey Hall Box Office no less than four (4) weeks prior to the event date. All ticketing fees will be settled with the event organizer directly after the event or at a mutually agreed upon time. Patrons can reserve tickets online at www.baileytickets.com.
Banners, Signs, Postings
Event organizers who wish to hang banners in the lobby must gain approval through the Operations Manager. There can be no taping of posters or notices to any painted surface.
- Audio Recording
- There should be no audio recording of any event without prior written consent. There can be no “board feeds” without two (2) weeks written consent.
- There should be no flash photography during performances. Photographs may be taken with written consent from the event organizer prior to the event. Any professional photographer must be identified to the House Manager, Technical Director and Operations Manager.
- Disruptive Behavior
- Any individual or group whose behavior is deemed disruptive by the head usher, House Manager and/or the Operations Manager will asked to discontinue the objectionable behavior. If the behavior persists the individual or group will be asked to leave the auditorium.
- Food & Beverages
- There may be no food or beverages inside the auditorium. Beverages are permitted on stage for performers only.
- Hazers/foggers/open flame/lighter than air balloons
- Hazers, foggers and/or similar devices and/or pyrotechnics or open flame of any kind can not be used in Bailey Hall. Due to very sophisticated and sensitive fire alarm systems, there can be no lighter than air balloons in Bailey Hall.
- Late Seating
- All events will begin at their published start times. Late seating is at the discretion of the production management team. Late seating will occur at an appropriate time. Patrons who are late will be seated by an ushering staff member at the back of the house in the nearest empty seat. The patron may move to their assigned seat after an intermission.
- Lost & Found
- Lost and found items may be recovered at the box office within 24 hours of the event. After 24 hours, all lost and found items will be brought to the Cornell University Police lost and found located in Barton hall room G8. Bailey Hall and Cornell University claim no responsibility for lost, forgotten or stolen items.
- New York State law prohibits smoking inside Bailey Hall and within 25 feet of any entrance.
- All Bailey Hall attendees, two (2) years old or greater, must hold a physical ticket regardless of whether the
event is free or paid.
Guardians of children whose behavior is inconsistent with the performance atmosphere will be asked to remove the child from the auditorium until such time as the child can adhere to proper behavior. Strollers are not permitted in the auditorium. There is a designated stroller area where strollers will be kept during performances.
- Video Recording
- There should be no video recording of any event without prior written consent.
- ADA Accessibility
- Patrons with limited mobility may gain access to Bailey Hall through the entrance to the lower lobby at the southwest corner of the
building (to the left of the main doors as you face Bailey Hall from the plaza). Performers with limited mobility may enter through an
entrance in the northeast corner of the building. There is an elevator in the lobby for patrons’ use and an elevator
in the northeast part of the building for performers’ use. A small lift in the auditorium may be used to transfer
guests to and from the orchestra level.
There are hearing assist devices available though the Box Office. There is no charge for the use of these devices, however, some form of collateral is required during pick up to ensure the unit's safe return to the Box Office.
- Parking at Bailey Hall is by permit only. One temporary permit per event is available through the Operation Manager's office only. Equipment vehicles may park in the loading dock. Any truck of 35' long will not be permitted to park in the Bailey Hall loading dock. Arrangements for parking trucks and buses longer than 35' near Bailey Hall can be made. There is no parking in front of Bailey Hall. The Bailey Plaza is for pedestrian traffic only.
Box 35, Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14850-2801
130 Bailey Hall
Ph: (607) 254-8045
Fax: (607) 254-8575
110 Bailey Hall
Ph: (607) 254-8575
Box Office/Audience Services
Bailey Hall Box Office
Ph: (607) 254-3374